AMERICAN LICORICE COMPANY
“CREEPY CREATIONS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES”
- 1. Contest Overview. Channel your inner mischief for a chilling Halloween dessert decorating challenge. Get ready to create a devilishly delicious dessert showing how you use RED VINES® and SOUR PUNCH® candy to decorate your own Creepy Creation and enter the Creepy Creations Contest (“Contest”). Examples for your inspiration may be viewed at https://halloween.americanlicorice.com/.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years old or older at the time of entry. For those who are under the age of majority in their state or district of residence at the time of entry, the entrant shall be the parent or legal guardian on behalf of a child who is under the age of majority. Entrants who do not meet these eligibility requirements and/or whose entries do not comply with all provisions of these Rules will not be eligible to win a prize. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, of Sponsor, its advertising or promotion agencies, subsidiaries or affiliates, agents or agencies, are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
- 2. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- 3. Contest Period. The Contest begins on 10/7/2020 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 29th at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change. Sponsor’s computer time-clock shall be the official timekeeper for all Contest purposes. Evidence of submitting an entry does not constitute evidence that Sponsor received the entry.
- 4. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, either respond to Sponsor’s post about the Contest with a photo of your Creepy Creation or post a photo of your Creepy Creation to your own Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and tag Sponsor at @redvines or @sourpunch. Do not include any people in your photo. Photo(s) of your Creepy Creation submitted with the correct tag will be your “Entry(ies).” Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entries deemed inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. For the purposes of the Contest, the parent or guardian is the “entrant” for children under the age of majority at the time of Entry. Entries may not contain any content, material or element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, logo, or trademark or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Entry may not be inappropriate, obscene or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including its determination in its sole discretion that an Entry fails to satisfy any of the above requirements. In the event of a dispute as to an Entrant’s entry, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Contest.
- 5. Use of Entries by Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of Entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent. Entrant (and, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) acknowledges that this provision gives Sponsor the right to use photos of Entrant’s Creepy Creation on Sponsor’s goods, goods displays, promotion and/or marketing materials that are sold and/or distributed to the public in print and electronic form without notice or compensation of any kind to entrant, even if the entrant is not awarded any prize.
- 7. Selection of Winners. All eligible Creations will be judged by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor based on the following criteria: creativity (30%), adherence to Halloween theme (30%), and use of candy in design (40%). The two Entries that receive the highest scores from the pool of eligible Entries will be the two potential prize winners. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as outlined herein. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
- Two (2) Prizes. Each winner will receive a $100 gift card to use at www.shop.americanlicorice.com. Total ARV of all prizes is $200. Limit (1) prize per person. No substitution, assignment or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value, in the event of unavailability of the advertised prize.
- 8. Notification of Winners/Acceptance of Prizes/Forfeiture of Prizes. Potential winners (and, if minors, their parents and legal guardians) will be notified via direct message on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter on or about October 31, Potential winners must respond to Sponsor within 5 days to confirm their information with Sponsor in order to accept and receive the Prize. If a potential prize winner fails to respond to Sponsor within such time period, that prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award a forfeited prize to the Entry with the next highest score.
- 9. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award the prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
- By entering, each entrant forever, fully and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
- 10. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors, which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
11. Governing Law / Jurisdiction. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California without application of conflict of law principles. By entering and participating in this Contest, you (your parent or legal guardian, if you are a minor) agree that any and all disputes arising from or related to this Contest shall be resolved between you (your parent or legal guardian, if you are a minor) and Sponsor, individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any and all legal actions shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction residing in San Mateo County, California.
- American Licorice Co., 1914 Happiness Way, La Porte, IN 46350.
- 12. Winners List/Official Rules. For a list of winners, visit shop.americanlicorice.com after November 30, 2020, or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Attn: Winners List, Creepy Creations Contest, American Licorice Co., 1914 Happiness Way, La Porte, IN 46350.